What personal information does this website collect and how is it used?
When you fill out the form for “contact” on this website, we’ll ask you to give us some personal information (basics, like your name, e-mail address, phone number and state). We only request your e-mail address on that contact form. Additionally, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat on our site if the site is providing that service. Please do not submit any proprietary, sensitive, or confidential, personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; credit card, bank account or other financial information; date of birth; or driver’s license number) ( we call this collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk: we will not in any way be responsible for consequences of your submission, nor we will be liable to you for your submission or any consequences. (EDITING STOPPED HERE)
Information you provide us through an online chat or contact form will be used so we can respond to your inquiry; we may also use this information in the future to communicate with you. If you prefer NOT to receive such communications, you can always opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs
We may track information about your visit when you visit the firm’s website and use web server logs to store that information (these logs are simply records of the activities on our sites). This information is automatically captured and saved electronically. Examples of potentially collected information include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- date and time of your visit;
- your unique Internet service provider’s name;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
- how many links you click within the site;
- any web page from which you arrived to our site;
- pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain queries/searches that you conducted using our website(s).
We use web server logs to collect information to aid us in administering the site, analyzing its usage, protecting the website and its content from inappropriate use and improving the user’s experience (including your experience).
We may use services hosted by Adobe Site Catalyst and by other third parties, and to help understand visitors’ use of our site and to assist in providing improved, customized services for our visitors, including you. These services may collect information, including your IP address or cookies, sent by your browser as part of a web page request. If this happens, the third-party services that collect this information do so anonymously and in the aggregate, without identifying individual visitors, in order to provide information that helps our practice, such as website trends
Furthermore we may use third parties services to display content, products, services and advertising that appears to be relevant to you. These third parties may collect or receive information from this website and elsewhere on the Internet using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. Then they may use that information based on your previous visits to this website to provide measurement services to understand your interests and re-target advertisements. We do not intentionally share your personal information with any third-party advertiser, ad server or ad network.
Collection and use of information for ad targeting by some third parties is something you may be able to opt-out of by visiting this link:
California Do Not Track
How is personal information protected?
Certain appropriate security measures are taken to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use or disclosure, and or accidental loss. Please be advised however that we do not and cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
Under no circumstances will our firm sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and your personal information will not be made available by us to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to contractors, agents, and/or website vendors who may be using it in connection with their relationship with us on our behalf;
- if we cannot to assist you with your matter, but know of an unaffiliated firm or attorney that might be able to help you, then we may refer you and share the information you provided to us with that party in order to help you; and/ or
- if required by law, if necessary or helpful in a matter of public policy or public safety, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if another firm buys this practice or if our firm is liquidated as part of bankruptcy proceedings), or if we have a good faith belief that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You can, at any time, opt out of any future contacts from us. Contact us via the email address, telephone number, contact form, or U.S.P.S. mailing address on our website at any time to:
- learn what data, if any, we may have about you;
- ask us to delete the data we have about you;
- opt out of our future communication; and/or
- change/correct data we may have about you.
Effective October 27, 2023.